Adopting a rescue dog is an amazing experience and you gain an amazing new member of your family. Rescue dogs have a story, they come baggage; this is not something we try to dwell on, but we have all been through experiences that make us who we are. You meet people everyday that have a story and you accept them for who they are. This is our expectation with the families that we adopt to. We expect you to work with the dog that you are choosing to commit to; whether they are unique challenges or just providing them with a lifestyle that fits the working breeds needs.
Our ultimate goal is to find the perfect match FURever home for the dogs in our care. Our process is carefully thought out in order to put the dogs’ best interest first.
Northern Rescue dogs are different from other rescue dogs. Please consider all the aspects of bringing these dogs into your family: financial stability, training (sometimes mandatory, lifestyle etc.)
ADOPTION PROCESS **CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO ADAPT TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR TEAM AND POTENTIAL ADOPTERS
1.) Please fill out our application if you feel one of our dogs might be a perfect match for your home.
2.) If your application is selected and approved, we will contact you regarding an adoption meeting, references, proof of employment and veterinary history
3.) Home inspection is required whether it is with the dog/puppy of interest or beforehand.
4.) If meeting was not done with the dog/puppy of interest, and inspection is approved, next is the meeting with them to see if they choose you. Adoption is decided from there
5. Please be ready to welcome the dog into your home within 72 of final meeting.
Paws of the North Rescue does NOT ask for an adoption fee at the time of Adoption. We do not feel it is right to ask for a fee for the dogs we are assisting the communities we support in finding the right home. Our efforts and funds are raised by fundraisers and donations. We ask the furever family to make a minimum donation to their new family member, and we will provide a tax receipt like any other donation given and is greatly appreciated.
– families with children under the age of 10 are considered on an individual basis
– all Paws of the North Rescue dogs over 6 months of age will be spayed/neutered prior to adoption. If the puppy younger or health concern delays the surgery, and adopted out prior too, you will be under contractual agreement to complete the surgery under your financial commitment, and proof will be required upon completion – under specified timeline
– all Paws of the North Rescues dogs are required to attend professional training. Degree will vary based on the dog. Proof of registration from a reputable trainer, will be required prior to completion of adoption and proof of completion will be required under specified timeline
– all Paws of the North Rescue Dogs are vetted with proper vaccinations and parasite treatments (up to when adopted). Any other health issues are addressed and needs are met.
– we will request references, veterinary background check, proof of financial and job security
– under contract, if an adoption does not workout for whatever reason, the dog must be returned to Paws of the North Rescue – never sold or given away
Click on the photo to read their special story
Adopting a dog is lifetime commitment that our team ensures that all responsibility and understanding of what is involved is taken into consideration prior to an adoption being approved.
Please answer ALL QUESTIONS with all requested information. We will NOT process an application we feel is not filled out adequately or has left some questions unanswered.
* all information provided is kept in strict privacy; must be 18 years or older