Please ensure you read the entire biography. Applications that do not meet the biography criteria or have not been filled out correctly (missed questions), will not be processed.
If you do not hear a response within 48hrs after applying, we are considering other applicants at this time.
We are a small voluntarily run team that does not have ability to respond to every applicant, so we kindly ask that you respect this policy.
You can keep up to date on our social media pages or website for adoption status.
Please ensure you have read our entire adoption process. Our dogs come first and our goal is to ensure they find the perfect match family that understands the requirements and standards we uphold for them.
Founder & Executive Director
CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO ADAPT TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR TEAM AND POTENTIAL ADOPTERS
- Thoroughly read the bios for our adoptable dogs. When you see a dog that you feel would be a perfect match, click the APPLY TO ADOPT button on their page.
- If your application is selected and approved, we will contact you regarding the next steps:
Required information: References, veterinary background check, current photos & videos of home, property & surrounding area. The timeline of when you would be contacted depends on the dog, and you can keep an eye on our website or social media for updates.
- Virtual meeting is conducted with the final applicants. Please be ready to welcome the dog into your home within 72 hours of virtual meeting.
- Final meeting is conducted in person in Muskoka with entire family, current dogs in home and prospective dog.
- Paws of the North Rescue does NOT ask for an adoption fee at the time of Adoption. We do not feel it is right to ask for a fee for the dogs we are assisting the communities we support in finding the right home. Our efforts and funds are raised by fundraisers and donations. We ask the furever family to make a minimum donation to their new family member, and we will provide a tax receipt like any other donation given and is greatly appreciated.
- Families with children under the age of 10 are considered on an individual basis
- All Paws of the North Rescue dogs over 6 months of age will be spayed/neutered prior to adoption. If the puppy younger or health concern delays the surgery, and adopted out prior too, you will be under contractual agreement to complete the surgery under your financial commitment, and proof will be required upon completion – under specified timeline
- All Paws of the North Rescues dogs are required to attend professional training. Degree will vary based on the dog. Proof of registration from a reputable trainer, will be required prior to completion of adoption and proof of completion will be required under specified timeline
- All Paws of the North Rescue Dogs are vetted with proper vaccinations and parasite treatments (up to when adopted). Any other health issues are addressed and needs are met.
- We will request references, veterinary background check, proof of financial and job security
- Under contract, if an adoption does not workout for whatever reason, the dog must be returned to Paws of the North Rescue – never sold, euthanized (for non-vet recommended reason) or given away